Monday, March 2, 2020

Announcement


Hello lovely crafters! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Fear not, I have plenty of projects that should be ready to share within the next few weeks. But first, there are some logistics I want to talk about.
You see, for the past few weeks I’ve been thinking about the format of this blog and how it can be improved. I love sharing what I make with you all, complete with the stories of how and why it came to be. But not every project has an interesting story behind it. Sometimes all I really want to share are the pretty finished pictures and a few words of review for whatever pattern I used. I can do that on a blog, certainly, but it’s not the best format for that sort of thing.
All of this is to say, I’m expanding! Yes, in addition to maintaining this blog, I’m going to start an Instagram account and a Ravelry account. The Instagram will be for all of the lovely aesthetic finished photos, and the Raverly will be for reviews and recommendations of other people’s patterns (and for publishing my own patterns should I ever try that!). This blog will remain the place to come for stories and tutorials. If you like seeing everything I post, follow all three! If not, then hopefully one of the platforms will suit your tastes better. I won’t judge, promise :)
Oh, and one more thing. To go along with this  revamp, I’ve decided to change the name of this blog as well. “Late Crafternoon” has served me well for these past two years, but let’s be honest, it’s was never a very catchy or funny title. I wanted a pun in the name, but this was a real stretch. And as much as I still love wordplay, I think something less punny will do better.
After some thought, I’ve settled on “Meadowlark Lace” for the new title of the blog, as well as its associated accounts elsewhere. As far as yarncrafts go, lace is sort of my signature style, after all. (I love it so much!) And I have a great fondness for animals, especially birds. My grandfather taught me how to identify birds at the feeder when I was young, and I still automatically try to identify every bird I see!
Within the next week or so, I’ll switch the url of this blog over to meadowlarklace.blogspot.com. I’ve already made the other accounts, so look for MeadowlarkLace at Raverly, and _meadowlarklace_ at Instagram. There's not much there quite yet, but there will be soon!

Until next time, stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment