Thursday, May 10, 2018

I Teal Gray-t

First of all, I apologize for the radio silence this past week. Somehow I've fallen into the habit of posting on Thursdays (why Thursdays?), and I missed posting last week. I was just busy, but hopefully I'll have more time during the summer!

Or... I would apologize if there was anyone to apologize to. According to the stats, I'm still just flinging posts into the void of the Internet, with nobody but myself to see it. Ah well, I'll show this to my friends eventually!

Anyway, Mother's Day is fast approaching, and I always make my mom a handmade gift. This year, she had picked out some really nice bamboo yarn in teal and silver (or gray, to make my silly title work), and I'm making her a scarf. It's still a work in progress, but have a picture!



I've got myself a little rigid heddle loom, which is really quite versatile for its simplicity. The pattern was meant to be a sort of houndstooth, but I neglected to take into account the balance of the weave. I'm still pretty new to weaving, so rookie mistakes! It's turned into this broken stripe-y thing instead.



I think it looks good, even if it isn't what I intended! Experimenting is how you learn, and now I've learned to make sure I've got a balanced weave if I want to make certain patterns. I still like it, and hopefully my mom will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment