Thursday, May 31, 2018

Patching Things Up

Well I've certainly been jumping from project to project, haven't I? Time to get back to something long-term: the Aubrey cosplay! After brushing up on my embroidery skills, I took another crack at making patches for the lapel of Aubrey's jacket:


Much better! These still have a bit of wonkiness that defines their handmade charm, but they're much nicer. I used two strands of embroidery thread at a time instead of six, and the results are much smoother in texture. You can see it especially well in the closeups:




There are still some things I'd like to improve. I haven't found a good way of outlining shapes so that the boundaries between colors are sharp, for example. But I have plenty of patch ideas left to make, and with them plenty of opportunities to make them better! I'll add a hand-embroidery section to the craft resources soon (-er or later) so you can try your hand at it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment