Monday, April 15, 2019

Anteeksi!

Since I forgot to make a post last week, here's a bonus! I dug through my old photos and came across an old project of mine. About five years ago, I discovered the webcomic Scandinavia and the World, and I really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the sullen Finland character and his expressive faces.

This is about the time when a dear friend of mine tried to get me to learn Finnish. It didn't take, per se, but I did enjoy trying!

Anyway, Finland in SatW is usually portrayed with a distinctive green hat. Being the fledgling cosplayer I was at the time, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to make my own. And because I was (and still am) averse to photographs, I drew a face on a balloon and used it as my model!


This was one of my very first freestyle projects: no pattern for me! I toyed with writing it down but never got around to it. Tell me, would any of you like a Finland Hat pattern if I drafted one up?

No comments:

Post a Comment