Monday, June 10, 2019

Argyle Lace Adventures

I think it's high time for an update on this particular project. For those who don't remember, I started a lace shawl using the pattern Argyle a few months ago, right in the middle of one of the busier times of year. Why, you might ask, would I attempt this? That's a very good question.

...Moving on.

Naturally, I had to bench the project when other obligations got too much, but I've since picked it back up. Like any top-down shawl, the rows have gotten longer, and longer... and longer...

Needless to say, it's been slow going for a while. I finally finished the main pattern, though, which is exciting!


Like any piece of lace, it's not much to look at before blocking. It's good to keep that in mind while selecting your yarn: some fibers are harder to block than others! Acrylics in particular can be difficult to block, so be careful about trying to knit lace with those.


I tried to get an idea for what the lace will look like when completed and blocked by stretching out a section. It seems to be coming along nicely! I really like the idea of using lace stitches to make something reminiscent of the colorwork argyle pattern. Hopefully, it'll turn out just as good as those traditional patterns.

I still have the edging to work, though, so I'll get on that. Until next time, stay crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of argyle but hate intarsia? It's the pattern for you!

    ReplyDelete