Saturday, June 15, 2019

Prideful!

Hello everyone! As you may be aware, it's Pride Month, and I wanted to celebrate with a craft. I actually had this idea a year ago, but it didn't materialize in time. Fortunately, June comes around just about every year, so I had another chance to make it happen.

I like sewing, and I like making the most of my scraps. Oftentimes, this means stuffed animals. This time, I used my collection of vibrant fleeces and felts to make a veritable rainbow of little friends!


Little mouse friends, to be exact! I don't usually care for mice roaming around my home, but I'll make an exception for these guys.



They come in every color of the rainbow, and then some! I love how each one is a bit different, even though I cut them from the same pattern. Just like people, the mice have their own quirks and unique traits!



Green Mouse was willing to be a model so you all can see the details of the construction. The pattern comes from the book Countryside Softies by Amy Adams. She's got a whole host of adorable, scruffy-looking critters to sew. I'm seriously considering making a set of animals in as many pride flag palettes as I can manage! Maybe that'll be my annual pride project.

For now, I'm going to get back to my ongoing projects. It's about time I start thinking about Halloween, too...

Well, until then, stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment