Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Puppy Present

Puppies are a lot of work! I don't know if you all know that. I didn't, because the last time I was in a house with puppies, I was about 6 years old and not super involved in the whole process. Honestly, I don't know how my parents managed to deal with me, my younger brother, and a puppy at the same time.

That being said, puppies are cute. Very very cute.

I wanted to make something for the new puppies, to show them some love. Even though I'm sure they don't understand the significance of a handmade gift, it's something I like to do for others! The trick was just finding a puppy-appropriate gift to make.

These puppies like tearing into things and chewing up fluff, so anything stuffed was right out. Nobody needs a trip to the vet because a pup ate a bunch of polyester filling. I settled instead on this frisbee by Gracie Castillo. It's a simple disc with a curved edge, perfect for playing fetch and tug of war! I had some plain cotton yarn lying around as well, which I figured would be the most durable for puppy-teeth (and least dangerous should they manage to swallow some fibers). It was quick and simple to whip up, too!



I don't have any photos of the frisbee in action, so you'll have to trust me when I say it flies well. A slightly larger version would probably work well for some indoor frisbee games between humans! As for this one, the pups seem to enjoy it well enough.


Maybe it'll keep them busy enough for me to sneak some time for a new project. Until that happens, stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment