Monday, January 29, 2018

TAZ Cosplay: Design

All right, here I am again! I took some time to doodle and sketch outfits, and I've settled on a design that I like. If there are no photo references for your character, sketching the design yourself is a must. Even if you can get photos, it's still a good exercise to draw it yourself: you'll be able to find all those little details you want to include in the final project. You don't have to be a fantastic artist, either: as long as you can "read" your own sketch, it's fine. Usually I just sketch on a piece of notebook paper, but I drew it up digitally for here:


Pretty cool, right? The design might lean a little into edgy middle school OC territory, what with all the red and black, but I'm okay with that. Aubrey seems like just enough of a dork to think that's cool. Let's go over all of the elements of the costume:
  • Black jacket
  • Red t-shirt
  • Black ripped jeans
  • Boots with red laces
  • Black half-gloves 
  • Lacey choker necklace
  • Belt with chain design
  • Embroidered flame and wing decals (on jacket)
  • Embroidered assorted patches (on lapel)
  • Fake facial piercings
That's a pretty substantial list of things to find/make! I'm going for low budget here, so I won't be buying a ton of new supplies: instead I'll try and find useful stuff that I already own, and make the rest. My goal is to buy less than $20 of new materials for this project: let's see if it works!

Oh, and the rabbit over there is Dr. Harris Bonkers. He's Aubrey's pet, and I couldn't resist drawing him in too! Maybe if there's a little left over in the budget, I'll get a stuffed animal to play the part!


No comments:

Post a Comment