Monday, January 29, 2018

TAZ Cosplay: Raiding My Closet

In an effort not to break the bank, I rummaged through my closet before designing Aubrey's costume, and I found lots of good things to use! When possible, look for premade clothes that you can use or modify in your cosplay: it saves a lot of time! Thrift stores are a great place to find garments that you won't mind cutting up for parts, as are friends and family members who want to do some spring cleaning. I looked through my closet and found this lovely outfit:


So far, so good! The black jeans came pre-ripped (not a style that I'm usually into, but they fit too well to pass up), and the jacket is from my collection of black, jazz-concert attire. I plan to sew some patches onto it, but those can be removed pretty easily when I want to wear it out again. The shirt's just a regular old tee that I wanted for the splash of color. Finally, I dug up my favorite snow boots:


All I need are replacement laces in a brighter color! This would be a pretty fun outfit by itself, but we'll promote it to full-blown cosplay soon enough with some custom accessories. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment