Friday, March 9, 2018

TAZ Cosplay: Embroidery is Hard!

Well it's true! I haven't embroidered anything in years, so I was fully expecting some really bad first tries. They actually turned out better than I expected, though! Here they are below:


Have some closeups, too:



Although I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, I wasn't exactly happy with how they turned out. I'd like the stitches to be more even and less haphazardly placed, so that it looks more professional and less DIY. I tried to just sketch a rough circle on the felt and go freehand for the pattern, but that didn't work terribly well: for the next go-round I'll be sure to draw out a more detailed plan on the felt before I start. And I might need some tips for how to get that satin stitch looking clean. Stay tuned: if I find any good tips/tutorials, I'll be sure to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment