Saturday, June 2, 2018

To the Library!

No craft today, I just wanted to send some love to public libraries. I look a lot of things up online, but I wouldn't know about half the crafts I do if it weren't for my local libraries. Browsing the craft section (745 in the Dewey Decimal System -- yes I have this memorized) unearthed books about all sorts of crafts, mainstream and obscure alike. They let me read about and try new crafts as I pleased, without having to commit to buying the books first. I could explore freely without worrying if I was going to like it: if I didn't, I'd just return the book sooner and let someone else try! If there's a library nearby in your town/city, and I sincerely hope there is, please check out their craft section! I've been doing the same, and I currently have books checked out on: beaded jewelry, rug hooking, stamp carving, leatherworking, quilting, weaving, and silk painting. And that's not even counting the books I've read and returned this month! Seriously, go explore your public library. You might find something surprising there!

No comments:

Post a Comment