Monday, June 25, 2018

A Quiet Oasis

Hm, seems I've been slipping when it comes to my once a week rule... Sorry everyone, I'll try to keep the pace up! I'm excited to show this particular project, since it's a longer-term one that I had been planning for months.

On vacation last year, I stopped in a yarn shop and picked up a copy of Interweave Crochet on a whim. It had a lovely pattern called the Oasis Shell (link here), which I knew I had to try. I love lace guys, It's so pretty.



Look at that lace! And you know the best part?


It continues all up the back! Seriously, it's so nice. And the body of the top is also pretty cool. It's Tunisian crochet, turned inside out for an interesting texture a little bit reminiscent of the wrong side of knitted stockinette. If you're looking to try Tunisian crochet, this would be a good pattern: lots of practice for the simple stitch! I'd recommend this pattern to anyone looking for a summery lacy top!

No comments:

Post a Comment