Monday, March 25, 2019

Craft 'em All!

It may not surprise you to learn that I was a big fan of Pokémon as a kid. My first game was Emerald Version, and I logged a rather impressive number of hours in Diamond Version as well. I loved collecting all the different monsters, and to this day, I keep an eye on Pokémon news just to see the new designs (even if I don't actually play the games anymore). So it's no wonder that when I spotted a Pikachu crochet pattern from 53 stitches, I had to make it. I had to. My childhood self demanded it. And 53 stitches made it easy to give in with a clear pattern and plenty of photos. The tail was a bit tricky to pull off, but I got it after a couple tries. The result was certainly worth a few false starts.


And yes, I also had to pose it in front of my old Gameboy! I have to say, that thing is made tough: 14 years of use and no more than a few dead pixels to show for it. The game cartridges still work like a charm too!


"All right, now use thunderbolt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment