Monday, March 11, 2019

Pining for Pineapples

Around this time of year, I really miss summer. Besides the obvious warmth, I miss long sunny days, getting wet without shivering, and sweet summer fruits. Sure, nowadays we can get fruits shipped from warmer climates year-round, but they're just not quite as good as when they're in season.

Great, now I'm thinking about fruit salad and getting hungry.

So, it shouldn't be surprising that a certain pattern caught my eye while I was scrolling through Ravelry a few weeks ago. I took a long look and decided that I had to make it. Immediately.


I mean, just look at it! The little face! The floppy leaves! The pattern, by Stephanie from All About Ami, is super easy to follow, and works up quickly. Shell stitch is surprisingly reminiscent of a pineapple's spines, so if you're an intermediate crocheter you probably already know every technique to use!

I don't have much else to say. Why wouldn't you want to carry your keys in a cute-faced fruit? Go! Go make this thing now! Maybe it'll make spring come a little faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment