Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A Bulky Break

I love lace, I really do. It's interesting to work, it's pretty, and there are so many options when it comes to making it!

That said, sometimes my poor fingers need a break.

After the copious amount of lacework I've done in the past few months, I thought I'd give myself a little change of pace with some thicker yarn. And since bulky stuff works up so quick, why not make a set of items?

Enter these beauties!



Cute, right? The patterns are the Dewey Decicowl and the Ana Beanie, adjusted slightly to accommodate the weight of the yarn. They're not supposed to be a set, per se, but I think they work really well together!

Both patterns are great for an intermediate crocheter. The general shape of cowl/hat should be familiar by that point, but each piece utilizes a number of less common stitches that add textural interest. The Ana Beanie uses a sideways construction to make the ribbing, which intermediate crocheters may not have seen before. That said, both patterns are quite easy once you get the hang of the new stitches, and the finished products are a fine addition to your fall/winter wardrobe! I think that I'll be using that hat pattern quite a bit in the near future, when I start to consider Christmas presents!

1 comment: