Friday, January 4, 2019

Return of an Old Favorite

Okay, so when I say old, I mean from a couple of months ago. This blog hasn't been around for that long yet!

This is the last of the Christmas presents I have left to share, this one for my mom (and thank goodness I won't have to think about gift-giving on that scale again for another 10 months). She actually requested the pattern specifically after seeing it from another project. Yes, once again it's the Ana Beanie!


Last time, I was using bulky yarn, but this one was crocheted tightly with worsted weight. I think it gives the hat a pleasing squishiness! And I made the faux-fur pompom myself, again at the request of mom. If you also like the fur pompom style, don't ever bother buying them from the store: it's easy and way cheaper to make your own. Five minutes, a patch of fur-fabric, and some stuffing is really all you need.

After finishing the hat, I was left with about half a skein of yarn, which was begging to be crocheted into something matching. So I drew on another previously-used pattern - the Dewey Decicowl - to whip it up. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough yarn for the button tab, but I think it looks good regardless!


Well, that just about wraps up Christmas 2018. It's been fun, but I'm excited to work on some personal projects for a while! I'm going to go back to my once-per-week schedule now, so expect this deluge of crafts to slow to a steady drip. And as always, stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment