Sunday, February 25, 2018

TAZ Cosplay: Finished Choker

Finishing a lace project always makes me happy. There's just something pleasing about all those curving, delicate loops that bring me joy. And this necklace is no exception: take a look!


It looks like it came right out of a vampire's closet! I love the way the red beads glint. The only finishing that I did on the lace was to block it with water, and that's left it a little bit floppy. I might go back and starch it just a tad so that it keeps its shape instead of sagging. Overall, though, I'm quite pleased. Here, have a close up of the lacework with the beads:


Beads, beads, beads! You have to string them all onto the thread before you start, which is a huge pain if you need to follow a patterned repeat of colors. These were all the same color, though, so it wasn't too bad. And completely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment