Thursday, February 15, 2018

TAZ Cosplay: Neck Lace

What better way to make a necklace than by putting some actual lace around your neck? I promised you that lace would be making an appearance, and I aim to deliver! I wanted to accessorize this cosplay with a black choker (even though I hate wearing chokers myself), and it was the perfect opportunity to try out some beaded shuttle tatting. For the uninitiated, shuttle tatting is a form of lacemaking where a shuttle filled with thread is used to make a series of knotted loops and chains that are connected in delicate, but surprisingly robust pattern. I get most of my tatting patterns from random internet searches and Pinterest boards, and occasionally I'll modify one or make my own. For this project, I went searching, and I came up with this lovely image:



Unfortunately, there was no pattern attached to the photo (though the site was in a different language, so it's possible I just missed it). I really liked the design, though, and so I thought I'd try to recreate it for myself. My first sketch and attempt went pretty well, all things considered:



Now to grab my black thread and those red seed beads and get tatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment